20 February 2014

DIY Nail Polish Heart Frame

Hello World!

Sorry I haven't been posting recently. I have been knuckling down for my theory test and I've just had the time to post on my blog now! I do apologize. I'm off college so I'm hoping to catch up with my blog and be more active with it. 
So anyway I came up with another photo frame DIY only this time I used nail polishes to create this...Yes that's right...Nail polishes! I am using the same photo frame as the one in my last DIY post. I felt like as it was February I'll do something for Valentines day but seeing as I have been busy and haven't had a lot of time to actually post it I came to conclusion that it doesn't matter if it isn't Valentines day, you can still make this and hang it on your wall. I found this very time consuming in a way but it was very easy to do. 

Let's start 

You will need the following; 

*A Photo frame of any kind
*Scissors
*Any sort of dotting tool. (I used ends of pencils)
*Paper
*A heart stencil (Or any shape you want)
*Nail Polishes (In any colour you would like)


1.) To start off you find a decent shaped heart or any shape you would like to use, I found my heart shape on google images. Once you have chosen your shape, cut the shape out. (This will be your stencil) Once you have done that place the shape onto another bit of paper (you can use card if you want to) I found that the stencil didn't lie flat so I ended up putting my nail polishes on it whilst I was doing it to keep it flat but it made it a whole lot easier! 






2.) Using your dotting tools and the chosen colour nail polishes starting with the darkest colour gently dot around the stencil. Once you have gone round the stencil make sure you the dot the outline of the shape to give it better definition. You can continue this with the other colours you have chosen. 
I used 







3.) Once you have used all your colours and have outlined the stencil you can remove the stencil from the paper. You should be left with something that looks like this. As it is nail polish you do have to wait for it to dry which can take no longer than about 5 minutes. 


Once the nail polish has dried frame it in the frame you are using! It couldn't look any cuter! 



I hope you give this DIY a try! I've become more active on my instagram which is jessicarachelxo so follow me for more updates on what I'm doing! Also if you tried this please upload them to instagram with the hashtag #JessicarDIY I'd love to see how creative you are! 

Many thanks to you all
                                     Jess xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016