8 December 2014

The Christmas Tag

Hey Guys,

As it's officially nearly Christmas, I thought I'd start off with my first Christmas post being 'The Christmas Tag' and then that means Christmas related posts up until Christmas! Who's excited!?



Let's start with the Christmas Tag questions...

                                                    1.) What is your favourite Christmas Movie(s)?
My favourite Christmas movie would have to be either Elf or Mickey Mouse's Christmas as they both put me in the mood for Christmas. I love Elf because it's a unique story and it's genuinely funny and I like Mickey Mouse's Christmas for the fact that it is Disney and who doesn't like a Disney Christmas film?!

2.) Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Christmas morning, but sometimes we are allowed to open a small present on Christmas Eve night.

3.) Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I will always remember the morning that I was sitting on my living room floor opening up presents and then looking out of the window and seeing it snow outside! If you live in England, UK, you will know that it pretty much never snows around Christmas, so when it actually did that year I will never forget it! I was so excited for my first white Christmas.

4.) Favourite festive food?
Oh this is quite a hard one. I really do love roast potatoes. But then you've got to love the chocolates that you hang randomly on the tree and then all the chocolates you save in the cupboards for Christmas. I'll go with roast potatoes for my answer though. 

5.) Favourite Christmas gift?
Going back a couple of years or so, I opened a big box that had the Sylvanian Families Willow Hall inside. This was my first ever 'dolls house' and I also got the Porridge Bear Family as my first family to live in it. It was so exciting because the Willow Hall basically had real working lights that could be switched on and off with the light switch on the wall in the rooms. It was so cute. I continued to collect a lot of the Sylvanian Families after that but now I've stopped and they are in the loft somewhere.

6.) Favourite Christmas scent?
This question kind of made me giggle. I purchased a Christmas air freshner thinking 'yeah it'll be cute for the car at Christmas' and so basically I put it up before I went to work and came back to a Christmassy scent that I wasn't too fond of. I don't know what the smell is, but it has to go haha. My favourite scent would probably have to be the smell of when you pull a Christmas Cracker and you get that smell? You know what smell I'm on about, right? 

7.) Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
As a family on Christmas Eve we head down to Canterbury in the afternoon where we do a little bit of shopping, not necessarily buying anything, but they normally have a little area where they have 'Santa's reindeers' which are real life reindeers in a little pen! aw! They also have a Cathedral that is open and they have this really big statue nativity piece that you can take photos of. Towards the evening they close the town off and bring this weird double decker bus thing through and park it up and someone stands on top of it and people crowd round it to sing Christmas Carols, though me and my family have never done that before because we always have a table booked at our favourite restaurant called Cafe Rouge, and we have a 3 course meal and enjoy our evening their as a family, we go there every Christmas.  

8.) What tops your tree?
Seeing as I'm the one that normally decorates the tree, I tend to be a bit unique. When I was younger we used to have Santa Claus as a tree topper, but then as years went on we had a synthetic tree which came with its own topper so we didn't have to worry about it, until Christmas 2013 when it broke and we had to buy a new tree which doesn't have it's own tree topper because it's not synthetic, so I tend to just find a nice red decoration, like a bow or something and but that on the top. It always looks cute. 

9.) As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I can't even remember! I used to get so overly excited about what I already got that I can't remember if I never received something I wanted. But it was easier when you was a kid when you got asked what you wanted for Christmas, all you had to do was sit somewhere with a pen and the Argo's Catalog and just circle everything you wanted in there. Simple.

10.) What's the best part about Christmas for you?
The best part about Christmas I think is the build up to it. Once it's Christmas day, it slowly winds down and then before you know it it's boxing day and then it's pretty much over, so like the week before Christmas is always the best as it feels magical and even throughout the beginning of December when everyone is putting their Christmas lights up, I just love it, so it's always the build up to Christmas that's the best part for me. 

If you would like to do The Christmas Tag then copy and paste these questions! It was so fun to do! 

1.) What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
2.) Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
3.)  Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
4.) Favourite festive food?
5.) Favourite Christmas gift?
6.) Favourite Christmas scent?

7.) Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
8.) What tops your tree?
9.) As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
10.) What's the best part about Christmas for you?

I hope you enjoyed this post and I shall see you in my next post! 

What do you enjoy most about Christmas?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016