3 September 2015

Taylor Swift Wildest Dreams Inspired Look

So who's been obsessing over Taylor Swift's new music video Wildest Dreams, because I know I have! If you remember the posts back around Christmas I was literally obsessing over her 1989 track for months and she's finally made a music video for my favourite song and how could I not do a makeup inspired look! 
I've really liked doing these sort of makeup posts recently.
Taylor Swift is definitely one of my style icons. She's so pretty and always looks perfect.



I absolutely adore this look. It's like an old romance movie. As soon as I saw the video and saw that she had short black curly hair similar to mine, that was it! I just had to try the look! I wore my white blouse that's similar to hers just to complete the look a little bit more.

So how did I do this?






Makeup
*Make-Up Revolution Focus & Fix Liquid Concealer - Fair
*Rimmel London Skin Perfecting Full Coverage Foundation
*Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder
*Make-Up Revolution Ultra Sculpt & Contour Kit - Ultra Fair (Blusher and Highlighter)
*NYC Brush-On Brow Kit
*Make-Up Revolution Eye Shadow Palette Iconic 2 ('Suspect' and 'YDK' of Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette)
*Models Own Black Eyeliner Pencil
*Models Own HyperEyes Lengthen and Curl Mascara
*Makeup Revolution 'Dare' Lipstick

Brushes and Tools
*Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
*Lottie London - Powder Brush (blue)
*Lottie London - Blusher Brush (purple)
*Lottie London - Angled Brush
*Eyelash Curler

*As always I cleansed, toned and moisturised before I applied any makeup to my face.

*I then used my concealer to conceal any imperfection and then applied foundation with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge and then applied the Rimmel Matte Powder with the Lottie London Powder brush. I always feel like I should leave this step out as many people do this frequently in their makeup routines and it's always the same every time. 

*After that I then applied the blusher and highlighter from the Ultra Sculpt & Contour Kit. I used the Lottie London Blusher brush to do both the blusher and highlighting. I put blusher on my cheek bones and the highlighter on the areas that catches the light more.

*I then did my brows. Now, of course you're not going to have the exact same brows as Taylor Swift, you just have to work with what you've got. Remember that eyebrows aren't twins, they're sisters!

*I've been really obsessing over this Makeup Revolution Iconic 2 eye shadow palette. It's an exact dupe of the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and I'm in love with it. In this look I used the colours 'Suspect' (which I can't stop wearing) and 'YDK'. I love these two colours together as they are really nice and blend well. 

*I've never really been an eyeliner person. It always made my eyes look smaller and I just never liked it. I wear a small amount when I wear a bit of eye shadow just to make my eyes stand out a bit more and it looks so much better!

*I then curled my lashes and used the Models Own HyperEyes mascara. This mascara is certainly different to most! If you own this mascara you probably know what I mean. 

*Last but not least I applied the Makeup Revolution 'Dare' Lipstick on my lips. Red lips are definitely a fashion statement. 

And that's how I created the old-time romance movie style look from Taylor Swift Wildest Dreams music video. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, I think it's nice to try something a bit different on my blog. 
I'm going to Disney in 15 days!! Definitely going to have to start doing Disney related posts, what do you think? 

I hope you have a lovely day and I shall see you in my next post, 



Like my Facebook page for more updates! - Jessica Rachel
Follow me on Bloglovin' Jessica Rachel
Follow me on Twitter @jessicarachelxo
Follow me on Instagram @jessicarachelxo


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016