5 January 2016

Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette

After purchasing my first Urban Decay products I was so excited to share with you what I thought about them. As I've been using the Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette more, I thought that it would be best for me to review this palette first.

This limited edition eyeshadow palette was created by Gwen Stefani and Urban Decay. Gwen wanted colours that she has always dreamed to have in her makeup collection and she got her wish!


Packaging 



 I thought I'd start off with packaging as that's the first thing I saw before I opened the palette. I thought the eyeshadow palette was well packed and I loved the red polka dots inside the packaging, however the white and chrome gold was a bit off putting. I still love the product, but trying to read the back of the packaging was hard because the light kept reflecting off of it which made it difficult to read, but then again you don't really have to read it if you don't want to.

Sample Lipsticks



 In my palette I received four samples of her lipsticks as well. I've yet to try these but the colours are Rock Steady, 714, Ex-Girlfriend and Firebird. They are either cream, sheer or matte. I must say I am very excited to try them out. Gwen Stefani is definitely a lover of vibrant colours and I love a vibrant lipstick so this will hopefully be right up my street!

Palette




As for the palette itself, it looks amazing. It's been designed so well that it takes my breath away and I can't even find words to describe it. Gwen designed the case which was inspired by her love for black and white graphic prints and antique gold accents. On the mirror is an inspiring quote saying 'Magic's In The Makeup' It just sounds really intriguing. I was also amazed to find the colours weren't as vibrant as I thought but they are a range of nudes, golds and taupes which are either shimmery or matte. I like this as I can include some of these colours in an everyday makeup look. However I'm not too sure about Harajuku or Danger, but I'm sure I'll find a time at some point where I can wear them. I think all of these colours came out a lot nicer than I thought. I think the names of the shades are very appropriate as they are inspired by her songs. My favourite shade will probably have to be either Stark or Pop. Stark is a matte nude/pink colour and Pop is a shimmery pale coral colour with iridescent sparkle, which makes them both perfect to wear everyday. I can't wait to try more looks with these colours.

***

What do you think about this palette? 

I'm really motivated with doing more makeup related posts and more excitingly fashion posts! If you have anything you'd recommend for me to try and do a review on let me know in the comments below :) 

See you in my next post, 

Facebook - Jessica Rachel
Bloglovin' - Jessica Rachel
Twitter - @jessicarachelxo
Instagram - @jessicarachelxo




4 comments :

  1. Looks like a lovely palette! I actually really like the looks of the danger colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty! I'll try and do a makeup tutorial with it!xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to add this palette to my collection, it's just so pretty!


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this palate too but I've hardly had the chance to use it yet as I got so much make-up for Christmas which by the way I'm not complaining about. I was very lucky this year :-).

    I think I used it once and I really loved all the colours in the palette hopefully I'll start using it soon.

    Nice review by the way

    Andrea
    beautywithandrea36.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016