30 August 2016

August Favourites 2016




I'm not liking how fast this year is going. I'm already writing up my August favourites! What?! I think I say something like this in every favourite post, but it just comes around so quickly that it amazes me. When August draws to an end it means the end of Summer but Autumn is my favourite season so I've been excited for that ever since August started haha.

Here are my August Favourites...

* Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours the Brave Eyeshadow Palette 



This palette was a challenge to get but I finally got my hands on it a few months ago. I've been using this palette a lot recently as this palette has some really nice summery shades so all Summer I've pretty much used Glimmer, Buffer, Ice Cold, Peachy, Soft, Latte, New World and Creme. I absolutely adore these shades as they are subtle and really bring out my eyes.


* Kiko Eyeshadow in 139 




This single eyeshadow from Kiko is my absolute favourite right now! I was watching one of FabHan's vlogs (I can't remember which one it was ☹️) and she was showing what she purchased in Kiko and this eyeshadow that she showed really stood out for me, I just had to get it! I'm so in love with it. It's a shimmery pastel pink shade. I love wearing this as a base colour and then using the Fortune Favours the Brave palette Buffer in my crease and Ice Cold or New World to highlight. I loved this makeup look so much I've literally been wearing it everyday. I have a fair few Kiko single eyeshadows but this one will forever be my favourite out of the ones I have. 

* Red Raspberry Yankee Candle



Yankee Candle's are my favourite candles until Bath & Body Works ship to the UK! 😂 I love candles scented for the season and even though I haven't used this candle much, the scent is amazing! It smells of well, red raspberry obviously! I could smell it all day. It's gorgeous! This candle is one of my top scents from Yankee Candle. I might do a 'Top # Yankee Candles' blog post to show you what my favourite candles are, maybe seasonally? Let me know what you think!

* Colour Collection Lasting Perfection Concealers 





The craze for these concealers is real! Every YouTuber raves about them (even me!) I've tried a lot of concealers from different makeup brands but I'm absolutely stuck to this one. It's so good! 
Why do I have 3 different shades though? 
Originally I was using 1 Fair. I always choose fair, it's always been good for my skin. However this month I've not been feeling it. I've got to the point where I don't think it's coverage is as outstanding as it use to be. I decided to get the next shade darker. I was looking at the shades and was happy to go for 2 Cool Medium but 3 Warm Medium looked so similar that I decided to get both! I use 2 Cool Medium as my actual concealer rather than 1 Fair but I now strangely use all three concealers in my makeup routine. I use 1 Fair on my eyes, 2 Cool Medium on any redness or pores and 3 Warm Medium on the occasional need more coverage! Ever since I've started this I think my makeup looks so much better. 

***

I hope you enjoyed reading my August Favourites! 
Subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss a thing! > Jessica Rachel

YouTube - Jessica Rachel 
Facebook
 - Jessica Rachel
Bloglovin' - Jessica Rachel
Twitter - @jessicarachelxo
Instagram - @jessicarachelxo


9 comments :

  1. I love your photos & blog layout, so pretty! Those concealers are my favourite - I must remember to pick some more up when im in superdrug next :) Xo

    http://jessicabronwenkennedy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my love! Those concealers are a life saver aren't they?!

      Jessica xo

      Delete
  2. Omg, your blog design is so cute, everything is pink, I love it! I love the lasting perfection concealers however I don't use them as much because I am still obsessed with the maybelline eye earaser. I also can't believe it's August however I am so super excited for Autumn/Winter (except getting out of bed early in the morning freezing cold). Xx

    http://louiselovesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/p/about.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise! Oh really? I've been meaning to try the eye eraser, I may have to give it a go soon. I'm excited as well! Soon it will be Christmas before you know it! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure I could do my makeup without the lasting perfection concealers! I'm so pale even fair is a bit dark for me sometimes so I'm not sure I'd get away with using the other one's, sadly.

    Maxine, xo
    http://maxinewhitneyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these concealers! Oh really? That's sad :( xx

      Delete
  4. I'm never that big on makeup but that single eyeshadow looks like SUCH a pretty colour AND the palette looks like it has some gorgeous colours in it too 😻 That raspberry candle is one that I bought on a whim and absolutely fell in love with it 😂
    Xx Beth - www.bethparnaby.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so in love with the single eyeshadow! LOVE IT! There's so many Yankee Candles I need to try! xx

      Delete
  5. The lasting collection concealer is my everyday makeup must have, in love with it. I love the look of fortune favours the brave eyeshadow palette.
    Looks amazing! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016